2021 Cloud Misconfigurations Report
Check the boxes & select Email or Atom/RSS Feed.
Rapid7 analyzed 121 publicly reported cloud data breaches from 2020 to learn about the commonalities and patterns tied to exposure incidents. The goal: to help organizations understand where cloud security currently stands and what they can do to stay vigilant on their cloud journeys. Here’s what we found.
- No industry or information type is safe
- Discover the frequency of attacks across industries and types of data exposed.
- More incidents are being discovered by researchers instead of attackers
- Find out what this means for disclosure and remediation.
- The frequency and scale of data breaches keeps growing
- Explore the causes of this trend, and whether it can be reversed.
- The main cause of cloud breaches is misconfigurations
- Read about why misconfigurations happen—and how to avoid them.
Download the report.